Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Spectacular Fall Foliage!

Mother Nature has put on quite a show for us this year! Since I live in Indiana, I'm used to seeing pretty fall color in our trees and shrubs before the leaves begin to fall. This year we must have had just the perfect combination of rainfall and temperatures because the fall foliage is prettier than I remember seeing for the past several years. Over the past week, I've been taking photos around the neighborhood when I go for a walk and thought I'd share with you.

Color in the park adjacent to my neighborhood.

Golden park path.

The little Japanese maple next to our screened porch.

A neighbor's front yard is full of these red maple trees.

Golden fan shaped leaves on my gingko tree. This is the first year the leaves turned yellow - we usually have a freeze before now and that makes the leaves fall off overnight!

The forecast is for rain and wind on Friday, so by the weekend most of the leaves will be on the ground. The trick or treaters will be hearing the crunch of leaves underfoot while on their search for treats.

4 comments:

Devon said...

Wow what beautiful pictures...I sure miss the fall colors living in Arizona and now Florida I dont see any of it..thank you for sharing them with us...

Beedeebabee said...

I just love that crunch sound!!!
Your leaves are so beautiful, and so is your neighborhood. Those maples are so pretty. I'm hoping to get out this Sunday for some picture taking fun also. Have a happy Halloween Cheryl! Hugs, Paulette ;)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! You inspired me to go around my yard and snap a few pics of the awesome foliage. I will share it on my blog. The colors are really stunning.

Unknown said...

What beautiful pics. Puts me in the mood for hot cider and bundled up nature hikes.