Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Favorite Flower

I just love peonies! I love that they are big and vibrantly colored. I love the way they smell. I only wish the blooms lasted all summer.

In honor of my favorite flower, I created a new felted flower brooch for my shop, Felt Sew Good. I'm naming it "the Peony" because of the rounded, three dimensional shape.

I've made two versions of the new Peony brooch, one version as a single color and the other is multiple colors. Each version, like my other felted flower brooches, is made from pieces of felted, or fulled, wool from repurposed wool sweaters.

Here's a look at the finished Peony felted flower brooches.

2 comments:

Beedeebabee said...

These are so beautiful! Paulette :o)

ms.hes said...

Can I get the tutorial?
Please send it to ellenti007@hotmail.com
Thanks