Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers

Monday, May 18, 2009

New Craft Supplies

My husband and I went to a neighborhood garage sale Saturday morning. I like it when entire neighborhoods sponsor a garage sale event - lots to look at in a short amount of time, without driving all over town! I scored some pretty nice craft supplies.

I found a couple of 100% wool sweaters, in good shape, for just one dollar each. I will use those for felting. I picked up a big jar full and a zip-lock bag each full of vintage buttons. And a nice, soft vintage suede jacket that I will also use for crafting.

These buttons and other vintage sewing notions will come in handy for all sort of brooches and handbags.

The best part is that finding some new supplies inspired me to reorganize my craft closet. The felted sweaters, and my other fabrics, are all folded neatly so that I can see everything at a glance. The drawers are full of zippers, beads, embroidery floss and interfacing. If only it would stay that way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I would like to pass a Kreativ Blogger Award to you! You must name 7 things you like and then choose 7 favourite blogs that deserve an award! Xx

Cheryl Patterson said...

Hi Olly! Thanks! I'm honored. I will start working on this.